Saturday, October 16, 2004

WARNING!

I want to notify all of you about fraudulent emails about your bank account.

I received one of those emails last week. The appearance of the email is very convincing. Do you remember the story about my ATM card? This email ngakunya from the same bank, that's why I believed it, and I did what the email asked me to do, I clicked on the link, and it directed me to the bank fake homepage. Whoever they are, they made a homepage that looks exactly like your bank homepage, but when you look closely it's actually a link from other homepage. Then I submitted my personal info, like username, SSN, etc. Right after that, I realized that something's not right. I immediately changed my username and password, and then I emailed the customer service of the bank. They said that's a fraudulent email, and I must call them to take any action necessary. So I did, and I can stop worrying now.

Please be careful with these kind of things.